Windows 10 Won't Update--Need to uninstall "non-existent" file

SteveSRQ

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
Whenever Windows 10 tries to update, I get a message that I have to uninstall Roxio Backup MyPC. I have tried every method I can think of to do it, but the file doesn't seem to exist. Is there any way I can find and delete this file? Thank you!

Solution
I hadn't used Revo before, I had just seen it had a good record for fixing this sort of thing. Other option is ccleaner but i generally don't recommend registry cleaners as they can do more damage than they worth.

No, if you clean install, roxio will not be on the PC. It sounds like you did resets as a clean install will wipe everything on the hdd and that roxio error will not occur as its not included in windows 10

Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Copy everything off the hdd you want to keep as if you had win 7 on PC before, win 10 will probably want to delete all the partitions on the drive before it will install

change bios so it boots off USB first, hdd second
follow...

SteveSRQ

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
Thanks so much for your response. I downloaded Revo Uninstaller Pro. On the website, it says there's a 30-day trial, but when I open it, there's no option other than to buy. I'm reluctant to do that, since nothing else has worked and I'm skeptical it will work.

I won't do a fresh install. I tried many times to install Windows 10, and I kept getting the message to uninstall Roxio Backup MyPC. Finally, for some unknown reason, Windows 10 did install. I'm afraid if I do a clean install, I'm going to go back to square 1 with the Roxio issue.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I hadn't used Revo before, I had just seen it had a good record for fixing this sort of thing. Other option is ccleaner but i generally don't recommend registry cleaners as they can do more damage than they worth.

No, if you clean install, roxio will not be on the PC. It sounds like you did resets as a clean install will wipe everything on the hdd and that roxio error will not occur as its not included in windows 10

Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Copy everything off the hdd you want to keep as if you had win 7 on PC before, win 10 will probably want to delete all the partitions on the drive before it will install

change bios so it boots off USB first, hdd second
follow this: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Solution

SteveSRQ

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016