[SOLVED] Windows 10 wouldn't boot suddenly

marcotolentino026

Commendable
Jan 7, 2018
Hi, I recently installed epic games launcher this morning, since I got a free copy of kingdom come deliverance. After less than an a minute, while downloading the game, my PC froze. CTRL-Alt-del wouldn't work, so I hit the reset button. Then after booting again, my PC wouldn't boot normally anymore. It gets stuck on a black, or blank loading screen. Sometimes, it boots successfully up to the windows home screen, but after a short while it either freezes, or suddenly shuts down. Even on bios setup and safemode option, it freezes and hangs up becoming unresponsive. While stuck on a black screen, the hdd light is not lit nor blinking, and my case fans runs at full speed.
My desktop PC is almost 3 years old and was running smoothly until now.
My PC specs:
I5 6400
Gigabyte GA B250M D3H
Hyperx fury 2 x 4gb ram 2133mhz
Zotac Gtx 1050ti
Silverstone strider essential 500W 80+ white
2x 500gb HDD
Running on win 10 home
Things I tried so far is resitting the ram's to other slot, and removing the GPU and using the display port of my mobo

So my what could be the problem in my pc? Could it be hardware related?
Appreciate any feedback and thank you very much.

Solution
Is there any data on your system that you don't want to risk being without?

If so, I'd suggest running a 'live' Linux version
https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/try-ubuntu-before-you-install#1-getting-started
assuming that runs, and copying that off the the HDD asap.

Then if you disconnect all HDDs/SSDs, does the PC behave normally in BIOS without the freezes you say you're getting in the BIOS? And just to be clear, the freezes are happening when you are in the BIOS utility, not just the manufacturer splash screen that persists while Windows starts loading?

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
Is there any data on your system that you don't want to risk being without?

If so, I'd suggest running a 'live' Linux version
https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/try-ubuntu-before-you-install#1-getting-started
assuming that runs, and copying that off the the HDD asap.

Then if you disconnect all HDDs/SSDs, does the PC behave normally in BIOS without the freezes you say you're getting in the BIOS? And just to be clear, the freezes are happening when you are in the BIOS utility, not just the manufacturer splash screen that persists while Windows starts loading?

Solution

Shay Green

Prominent
Feb 17, 2020
Hi, I recently installed epic games launcher this morning, since I got a free copy of kingdom come deliverance. After less than an a minute, while downloading the game, my PC froze. CTRL-Alt-del wouldn't work, so I hit the reset button. Then after booting again, my PC wouldn't boot normally anymore. It gets stuck on a black, or blank loading screen. Sometimes, it boots successfully up to the windows home screen, but after a short while it either freezes, or suddenly shuts down. Even on bios setup and safemode option, it freezes and hangs up becoming unresponsive. While stuck on a black screen, the hdd light is not lit nor blinking, and my case fans runs at full speed.
My desktop PC is almost 3 years old and was running smoothly until now.
My PC specs:
I5 6400
Gigabyte GA B250M D3H
Hyperx fury 2 x 4gb ram 2133mhz
Zotac Gtx 1050ti
Silverstone strider essential 500W 80+ white
2x 500gb HDD
Running on win 10 home
Things I tried so far is resitting the ram's to other slot, and removing the GPU and using the display port of my mobo

So my what could be the problem in my pc? Could it be hardware related?
Appreciate any feedback and thank you very much.
I had the exact same problem as you where my pc would sometimes try to tell me to fix windows and sometimes would boot normally. Nothing would work until i unplugged my power cable and flipped the rocker switch off then on and put the cable back in