Question Windows 10

Jul 23, 2019
I’ve just built a new pc and I’m installing windows 10 for the very first time, I downloaded the windows 10 file to my flash drive, booted the new pc with the drive, everything went well, the pc restarted and then gave me a blue screen with the stop code: BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER

Colif

Win 11 Master
How far into install process did you get? Had you set up users or was it at the 1st reset just after setting up the drives?

The BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER bug check has a value of 0x0000007C. This bug check indicates that the operating system detected an error in a networking driver.

If error is during initial install, try unplugging any network connections (so ethernet or wifi) as it might let you get past that stage if you have no network connection. If you have a wifi dongle attached, perhaps remove it.

most times if I see a BSOD during install I suggest running memtest on ram
You will need to make this on another PC, it makes a bootable USB - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Reactions: o1anza
Jul 23, 2019
There are a number of possible causes, and solutions. I can only recommend you review the results returned by:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER

and start working through the various suggestions, unless something described in one of them closely matches something specific to your situation that you have not mentioned.

Thank you! I will take a look and see if anything there helps me out, I appreciate it.

Jul 23, 2019
How far into install process did you get? Had you set up users or was it at the 1st reset just after setting up the drives?

The BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER bug check has a value of 0x0000007C. This bug check indicates that the operating system detected an error in a networking driver.

If error is during initial install, try unplugging any network connections (so ethernet or wifi) as it might let you get past that stage if you have no network connection. If you have a wifi dongle attached, perhaps remove it.

most times if I see a BSOD during install I suggest running memtest on ram
You will need to make this on another PC, it makes a bootable USB - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

It was a the very beginning stages on the windows set up where it says:

Copying windows file
Getting files ready for installation
Installing features
Installing updates
Finishing up

It went through everything just fine, after finishing up it rebooted and then the BSoD...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you try without any network connections? its about that stage it checks for drivers as well, so not being connected to network should stop it doing that step.

I would maybe suggest grabbing the newest LAN drivers off your motherboard makers website so you can install them right away and maybe stop getting BSOD

Reactions: o1anza
Jul 23, 2019
Did you try without any network connections? its about that stage it checks for drivers as well, so not being connected to network should stop it doing that step.

I would maybe suggest grabbing the newest LAN drivers off your motherboard makers website so you can install them right away and maybe stop getting BSOD

Yes I’ve tried both with and without network connection , but still no luck. I will download the newest LAN drivers, thanks for the idea.

TRENDING THREADS