Question Windows 10 keeps rebooting and making me reinstall it again ?

May 28, 2023
I recently had to replace my old motherboard (Asrock h310cm-hdv) for a new one because some pins had broke when i was putting my new cpu (i5 9400f) in. i bought the exact same motherboard as before so i wouldn’t run into any compatibility issues. i rebuilt it all and it ran perfectly the first time and then i had to leave for work, i get home a few hours later and now it tells me to reinstall windows and i do that but it keeps rebooting and making me reinstall windows again. any idea on what’s wrong?

I recently had to replace my old motherboard (Asrock h310cm-hdv) for a new one because some pins had broke when i was putting my new cpu (i5 9400f) in. i bought the exact same motherboard as before so i wouldn’t run into any compatibility issues. i rebuilt it all and it ran perfectly the first time and then i had to leave for work, i get home a few hours later and now it tells me to reinstall windows and i do that but it keeps rebooting and making me reinstall windows again. any idea on what’s wrong?
Check and replace CMOS battery. It's probably not keeping BIOS settings.

May 28, 2023
How did you install Windows?

If you used an USB stick, remember to remove the USB or the installation will go in loop.
i removed the usb after installing and now i get the “Reboot and Select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key”

May 28, 2023
Maybe you didn't select the right device to boot.

Enter the Bios and make sure the SSD or HDD with Windows is selected as first boot device.
when i change the order of my boot devices the windows installation is different, one is higher quality and one is lower quality. other than that nothing really changes

TRENDING THREADS