Question Windows 11 cannot be installed, X670E motherboard and post codes 42 and d6

Nov 16, 2022
Hi everyone, I have spoken to ASUS support a million times and I am losing hope on getting my new system up and running.

I finished building a new system, using the following specs:

CPU: AMD RYZEN 9 7950x,
MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME
RAM: XPG LANCER DDR5 (2x16 GB, 6000 MT/s)
NVME: WD BLACK SN850x 1 TB
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 4090 FOUNDERS EDITION

I built the system with care and all my connections are sound. My first post wasn’t successful, so I removed my NVME, kept the CPU, GPU, one stick of RAM and cleared CMOS. I was able to access the BIOS. Windows 11 installation failed to due my motherboard not having TPM 2.0, although the option to enable firmware TPM was on. Installing Windows 10 worked instead. I installed the latest drivers and played a couple games and the system ran well. Tried installing Windows 11, same TPM issue. I restart my system to apply updates, my system keeps going into BIOS and I have to manually select Windows Boot Manager to start. Today I turn my system, my post codes are either 42 or d6. I know my GPU isn’t faulty, it ran MWII flawlessly when I was actually able to access Windows.

I have no clue what to do, I spent so much time troubleshooting and lost so much sleep trying to figure this out, and neither ASUS nor Microsoft support helped me. Please , any help is greatly appreciated.