Question Windows 11 can't connect to internet after updates with Driver Booster

Aug 4, 2022
Hi there, last night I've updated my drivers with Driver Booster, everything was fine, but this morning my PC can't connect to internet. (I use my phone for internet via a USB, Android)
I'm using Windows 11 with a MSI B450M PRO-VDH Max motherboard, that driver I've updated was something like "Realteak PCIe Ethernet ...."
In network troubleshooting said this network does not have a valid IP configuration

This is the risk you take running "magic" programs you find on the internet.

So does your pc have any method to connect to the internet. I would go to the motherboard web site and download the drivers for your motherboard and try to get those to install.

For things other than wifi the drivers from the motherboard maker should be fine. Wifi tends to be better to get from the wifi chipset maker.

In general if you have some issue you would manually replace the drivers. It is much simpler to fix when you do them 1 at a time by hand. Newer drivers are not always better, they might fix one thing and break another so if you are not having some issue it is best to wait until a driver has been out a few months with no new updates before you load them.

Reactions: Sinawxii
Aug 4, 2022
This is the risk you take running "magic" programs you find on the internet.

So does your pc have any method to connect to the internet. I would go to the motherboard web site and download the drivers for your motherboard and try to get those to install.

For things other than wifi the drivers from the motherboard maker should be fine. Wifi tends to be better to get from the wifi chipset maker.

In general if you have some issue you would manually replace the drivers. It is much simpler to fix when you do them 1 at a time by hand. Newer drivers are not always better, they might fix one thing and break another so if you are not having some issue it is best to wait until a driver has been out a few months with no new updates before you load them.
I'm using a USB cable to share internet from my phone, and for that motherboard drivers you said, can you gimme a link? thanks a lot
MSI B450M PRO-VDH Max

I_Got_Crabs

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
Hi there, last night I've updated my drivers with Driver Booster, everything was fine, but this morning my PC can't connect to internet. (I use my phone for internet via a USB, Android)
I'm using Windows 11 with a MSI B450M PRO-VDH Max motherboard, that driver I've updated was something like "Realteak PCIe Ethernet ...."
In network troubleshooting said this network does not have a valid IP configuration
You can try a driver roll back. This article talks about it. https://pureinfotech.com/rollback-d...he “Roll,previously installed on the computer.
Or, run a recovery point if you have made one.

Aug 4, 2022
I'm going to reinstall Windows, thanks everyone for help.

I_Got_Crabs

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
I'm using a USB cable to share internet from my phone, and for that motherboard drivers you said, can you gimme a link? thanks a lot
MSI B450M PRO-VDH Max
Look the motherboard up on the MSI web site. All of the driver should be downloadable. Download them onto a USB stick, then plug the stick into your PC and get them installed.