Question Windows 11 fake OS?

RenTheReaper

Prominent
Mar 29, 2022
Recently I downloaded a fresh copy of windows 11 home for a clean installation. Should I worry about having gone to the wrong (but similar looking on purpose) microsoft site and having installed a look a like OS that could get my accounts hacked hacked/leaked? It might just be me being too on edge about these things but I wanted to make sure if its not possible or heard of windows 11 OS installations and look a likes (asking this also due to hackers taking advantage of people "upgrading" to windows 11 without tpm on suspicious sites).

Solution
both the pictures are the same website, you can tell its Microsoft as no one else would try to get you to use BIng wallpaper.
your links wouldn't auto log me into my account if it wasn't really Microsoft.

I can guess what the 3 links are too:
Upgrade assistant
Media Creation Tool
ISO

kanewolf

Titan
Recently I downloaded a fresh copy of windows 11 home for a clean installation. Should I worry about having gone to the wrong (but similar looking on purpose) microsoft site and having installed a look a like OS that could get my accounts hacked hacked/leaked? It might just be me being too on edge about these things but I wanted to make sure if its not possible or heard of windows 11 OS installations and look a likes (asking this also due to hackers taking advantage of people "upgrading" to windows 11 without tpm on suspicious sites).
You would be VERY foolish to not assume you should download from Microsoft before proceeding.

I do go to the main microsoft site, but I can search on its search bar "windows 11 download" and get multiple options such as "http://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11" and I'm not sure if thats the correct link.

There are 3 choices at that URL.

Do you have any reason to think any of the 3 are not valid, dangerous, fake, unauthorized, bogus, etc?

You say "I'm not sure if that's the correct link".

What would convince you?

Colif

Win 11 Master
both the pictures are the same website, you can tell its Microsoft as no one else would try to get you to use BIng wallpaper.
your links wouldn't auto log me into my account if it wasn't really Microsoft.

I can guess what the 3 links are too:
Upgrade assistant
Media Creation Tool
ISO

Solution