Question Windows 11 folder sharing doesn't work.

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
I have a PC and Laptop both on same network and have been trying for days to be able to see both on each device, for some reason my PC can see my Laptop but not the other way round despite same settings.. I had considered Google drive and other sharing services but this requires uploads and syncing etc... which is a bit tedious.

Is there any software similar to Windows Sharing I can use, to have one folder on my PC shared for me to then access on the Laptop and play directly media files.

I want to be able to watch files I've downloaded into my PC download folder quick and easy without uploads or file transferring similar to windows share.

Thanks.

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
First make sure Network Profile is Private, not Public

Ni8l2zn.png

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
Is there any software that can achieve the same thing if installed on both devices ?
No. The constant problem that Windows PC won't show up reliably in Explorer has existed over 20+ years. The computer name broadcast method used by MS just never work properly. A lot of time it just doesn't work.

Just type \\computername or \\ip_address in Explorer address bar. Then map shared folder to a drive letter of your choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: bill001g