[SOLVED] Windows 11 keeps getting BSODs when idle.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
Hey. I upgraded my computer to Windows 11 last week, and every time I leave it on overnight or just not use it for a few hours, it bluescreens. The most common cause of these bluescreens seems to be wdiwifi.sys. However, I've tried updating my ASUS motherboard Wi-Fi drivers as well as my NVidia graphics drivers and I still get bluescreens. I've tried searching for any fix that I could find, but I haven't found anything that could fix my problem. I've attached all of my latest dump files for you to analyze. Can you please fix my problem?

Minidumps

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Lutfij

Titan
Model for your Asus motherboard? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Manually uninstall the WiFi adapter's driver, then source the latest WiFi driver from Asus's support site meant for the motherboard. When installing, manually install in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
Model for your Asus motherboard? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Manually uninstall the WiFi adapter's driver, then source the latest WiFi driver from Asus's support site meant for the motherboard. When installing, manually install in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
My ASUS motherboard's model is TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi). I've downloaded the latest version of their official drivers on their website, but I still get these bluescreens. I even ran their batch file as an administrator.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Solution
sounds like a issue with a device going to sleep but not waking up.
generally you start by updating the bios, then update the motherboard drivers from your motherboard vendors website. if you still get a bugcheck then someone can look at the memory dump and see what driver failed. Then update that driver.