Question Windows 11 not offered in Update / Security

hondoman

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
Right then,

I have two PCs. Both are a little over a year old and in the same location - my shop and flat (same house). The one in my flat, I built. It has an MSI mainboard. No gaming PC or high-end. It allows me to stream movies and play the odd game. The PC in my shop I bought online from a reputable company here in Germany. It has a Gigabyte mainboard and a wee more high-end.

I enabled the TPM on both PCs end of last year. Both showed 'This PC can run Windows 11'. Grand, now it's just a waiting game.

Around the end of February or the beginning of March, the MSI PC showed I could download and install Windows 11. I did so and it's been flawless.

Here's the issue: The Gigabyte PC has yet to indicate I can download and install Win11. It just seems odd that in the same location one PC now has Win11 and the other not. I continue to get updates for the Gigabyte, but still no download and install.

Does this seem normal or I am just thinking too much into this?

Thoughts?

Cheers!

Colif

Win 11 Master
You can go here and download the update assistant (first link), it should help you upgrade - https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

or you can download media creation tool (second link) or ISO (3rd link) and make an installer.
once you have installer, put it in a PC you want to update, with win 10 running
go to file explorer
navigate to USB
run setup
it should offer to upgrade current PC
follow wizard and it will restart and install 11.

There are quite a lot of PC with Win 10 they need to update so it may just take a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: hondoman

Endre

Reputable
Right then,

I have two PCs. Both are a little over a year old and in the same location - my shop and flat (same house). The one in my flat, I built. It has an MSI mainboard. No gaming PC or high-end. It allows me to stream movies and play the odd game. The PC in my shop I bought online from a reputable company here in Germany. It has a Gigabyte mainboard and a wee more high-end.

I enabled the TPM on both PCs end of last year. Both showed 'This PC can run Windows 11'. Grand, now it's just a waiting game.

Around the end of February or the beginning of March, the MSI PC showed I could download and install Windows 11. I did so and it's been flawless.

Here's the issue: The Gigabyte PC has yet to indicate I can download and install Win11. It just seems odd that in the same location one PC now has Win11 and the other not. I continue to get updates for the Gigabyte, but still no download and install.

Does this seem normal or I am just thinking too much into this?

Thoughts?

Cheers!

Hello!

Whenever you install a new operating system, it is better to do a clean install.
So, don't upgrade Win10 to Win11.
Do a clean install.

Make sure that your PC meets the minimum requirements:

1. CPU: Intel Gen 8 / AMD Ryzen Gen 2 (or newer).
  2. RAM: 4GB.
  3. UEFI BIOS.
  4. Secure boot compatible.
  5. TPM 2.0 enabled.
  6. GPU: DirectX 12 compatible.

hondoman

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
You can go here and download the update assistant (first link), it should help you upgrade - https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

or you can download media creation tool (second link) or ISO (3rd link) and make an installer.
once you have installer, put it in a PC you want to update, with win 10 running
go to file explorer
navigate to USB
run setup
it should offer to upgrade current PC
follow wizard and it will restart and install 11.

There are quite a lot of PC with Win 10 they need to update so it may just take a while.

That got me sorted! I tried to find a link, but was never able or lacked the focus to do such. Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS