Question Windows 11 pro Gaming Performance issue

albinalex

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2015
I had recently upgraded to windows 11 pro after a clean installation of windows 10 pro. I tried to play GTA V and it was so stuttering so much. I was getting like 120 fps with drops to 30 fps while in single player mode. I have even tried Overwatch 2 in windows 11 but that seems to be running just fine, maybe its a relatively lighter game to run. I restored my pc back to windows 10 and tried playing GTA V again and it wasn't stuttering anymore. Anybody knows why there is so much performance issue on windows 11? Can anybody help me fix it cause i really would like to use windows 11 cause the OS experience is pleasant.

My specs
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MSI Gaming x TRIO RTX 2070 super
16gb ram DDR4 3200mhz
Windows is installed on my 500 gb nvme ssd
Games on my 1 TB hard drive.

Any help would be really appreciated

Lutfij

Titan
I had recently upgraded to windows 11 pro after a clean installation of windows 10 pro.
You upgraded the OS using the internal upgrade path or did you reinstall Windows 11 after a format of the older OS drive? If you went through the internal upgrade path, please reinstall your OS from scratch, Windows 11 that is, after creating a bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

That being said, make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, prior to reinstalling the OS.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

albinalex

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2015
I had recently upgraded to windows 11 pro after a clean installation of windows 10 pro.
You upgraded the OS using the internal upgrade path or did you reinstall Windows 11 after a format of the older OS drive? If you went through the internal upgrade path, please reinstall your OS from scratch, Windows 11 that is, after creating a bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

That being said, make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, prior to reinstalling the OS.

Make and model of your PSU and it's age?
Yes i had clean windows 10 pro installation. Then i upgraded to windows 11 through the internal upgrade path. I have a asrock b450 steel legend motherboard and my PSU is gigabyte b700h 80plus bronze. Bought the whole pc in august of 2020 so little over 2 years in age.

Lutfij

Titan
Then i upgraded to windows 11 through the internal upgrade path.
Recreate your bootable USB installer for Windows 11 using Windows Media Creation Tools, then reinstall the OS.

I have a asrock b450 steel legend motherboard
"BIOS version for your motherboard ?"

Lutfij

Titan
Install/Use CPU-Z, Mainboard's tab, should show you on the BIOS line. Make sure you've downloaded all necessary drivers for your platform prior to formatting and reinstalling your OS. Disconnect from the www to make sure the OS doesn't download/install any drivers off the www. Once the OS install is complete, manually install all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Once you've installed all drivers, connect to the www and let the OS do it's thing(update).

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Try toggling Game Mode in Windows Settings to what ever the opposite is, changing your Windows Power Settings to "Maximum Performance," and finally going into your Nvidia Control Panel and make sure vsync is either off or set to "performance."

albinalex

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2015
Install/Use CPU-Z, Mainboard's tab, should show you on the BIOS line. Make sure you've downloaded all necessary drivers for your platform prior to formatting and reinstalling your OS. Disconnect from the www to make sure the OS doesn't download/install any drivers off the www. Once the OS install is complete, manually install all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Once you've installed all drivers, connect to the www and let the OS do it's thing(update).
My BIOS version is P3.20 - AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 , should i upgrade it?