News Windows 11 Rolls out to More Windows 10 PCs This Week

svan71

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
And it will no doubt roll off a bunch also, personally I hate it. Should have brought rounded edges to 10 along with the added features while allowing for a center dock option. Nothing special about 11 imho.

troger555

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
What i do not like is the pressure. I have a 6900k 32gig mem 3060rtx no tpm2.0 and windows telling me under system update in red that i cannot upgrade to windows 11. So what microsoft, have 5 years to care about it so do not bother me with buying a new computer so you get a cut of the profit. I build my own regardles. What a racket. My system is plenty for 2k gaming for a good while , let alone general tasks.

Dr3ams

Reputable
Sep 29, 2021
Had it installed, but I noticed the developers are still monkeying with the start menu and task bar. After a day I rolled my system back to Windows 10.

escksu

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 8, 2019
I still see no reason to upgrade to windows 11 (or rather sidegrade). I am not even recommending my company to try anytime soon (will be on windows 10 for at least 3-4yrs).

The biggest problem? Unknown issues. New OS will usually have new bugs and issues thats yet to be discovered, esp. security related issues. Cause more problems instead.

Sometimes, new OS breaks things instead. Even patches do that frequently....lol...

Reactions: Dean0919
D

Deleted member 1353997

It took them over a year to get Windows 10 to a state where you didn't need to be wary of updates causing BSODs, bricked machines, or deleting files and uninstalling programs Microsoft doesn't think you should be using.
With the way people kept praising Windows 10 as rock solid, I thought I was the only one who thought like that.

Reactions: CorpRebel

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
I tried this Windows 11 beta when it got leaked and I hated it. So many things are wrong with it... It's like a downgraded version of Windows 10.
I'll mention few of things I found wrong in this OS:
  • Start menu - Not only it looks like someone beheaded it from the start when you click on it, but you also can't even customize its size or create named groups or folders and if you have bigger screen, it looks even smaller comparing to Windows 10 start which you can resize and customize as you wish. Just for the comparison to Windows 10 start, look how much space I have and how better it's organized in Windows 10:
main-qimg-3226f5327d98bde58041a5179e7b2126

Now look at Windows 11 start menu:

main-qimg-be172e5a16d20abc65730e0574127a21

Simply, Windows 10 start menu is superior.
  • Rounded corners - It's matter of taste, but these rounded corners look damn ugly in my opinion, especially when you have window of some software installation which has standard, non rounded corners and behind it, your OS window has has rounded corners - it just looks like a messed up design in total.
  • Taskbar seemed very limited. Usually I use right click button on taskbar to get task manager, but in Windows 11 it was missing. In fact a lot of things were missing, but only "settings" button, which was taking you to settings of taskbar which also had very limited customizations. You could make start menu & taskbar icons either left side, either leave it in the center, while in Windows 10 you can completely change whole taskbar location be it left, right, top or bottom. You can change it to make it even smaller in Windows 10. In Windows 11 you can't do that.
  • The gaps between files and folders in File Explorer seems much bigger. So, you get less things in your screen because of large gaps and it’s damn ugly.
Whoever designed Windows 11 should be fired! This OS is absolutely embodiment of ugliness & no productivity at all.

People as always are blind sheep and just because Windows 11 is new, they're all copying from each other same thing that it looks much more modern and beautiful. Just because it's new, doesn't mean it looks better.

Windows 11 also have some small amount of useless features, like snap layouts that no one will use or care.

They also removed OneNote which I've been using in Windows 10 and liked a lot. Oh and Start live tiles are also removed in lifeless Windows 11 start menu. Skype and Timeline also removed. In short, what we see is, that Microsoft has been more focusing to remove things and limit customizations in Windows 11 and to add useless features and to copy design from Mac OS.

Windows 11 also requires newer hardware to install it, for example it requires "Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0" which is usually found on newer motherboards, so if you have old PC, you can't even install this stupid OS. Basically Microsoft wants you to buy new motherboard which requires new CPU and new memory sticks... Sucks, right? Microsoft has been always greedy corporation.

Anyway, to summarize everything, I think Windows 11 is a total disaster. It reminds me Windows 8, which was another failure OS in their history of Windows. After seen enough, I went back to Windows 10 and I have a feeling I will stay on this OS for a long time.