[SOLVED] Windows 11 secure boot

Janetdax

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2013
I have a MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max Motherboard. To use Windows 11 I need TPM and secure boot. I can turn on TPM but do not know how to activate secure boot. Does this board have secure boot?

Reactions: matiasgonzalez117
Solution
Secure boot prevents writing to the boot partition to force a pre-load of some malicious software before windows.

It's a setting in BIOS.

There is a pseudo TPM built into most Ryzen platforms. However many motherboards have a slot for a TPM module which plugs in. I would be surprised IF AMD required this for Windows 11 as it's a very RARE option only used in production environments. Usually business class equipment.
Secure boot prevents writing to the boot partition to force a pre-load of some malicious software before windows.

It's a setting in BIOS.

There is a pseudo TPM built into most Ryzen platforms. However many motherboards have a slot for a TPM module which plugs in. I would be surprised IF AMD required this for Windows 11 as it's a very RARE option only used in production environments. Usually business class equipment.

Reactions: matiasgonzalez117
Solution
Jun 25, 2021
[QUOTE = "Janetdax, publicación: 22361589, miembro: 1209490"]
Tengo una placa base MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max. Para usar Windows 11 necesito TPM y arranque seguro. Puedo activar TPM pero no sé cómo activar el arranque seguro. ¿Esta placa tiene un arranque seguro?
[/CITA]
TTengo la misma situación, es necesario comprar el módulo Tpm en nuestro caso o solo activamos las opciones?

Colif

Win 11 Master
[QUOTE = "Janetdax, publicación: 22361589, miembro: 1209490"]
Tengo una placa base MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max. Para usar Windows 11 necesito TPM y arranque seguro. Puedo activar TPM pero no sé cómo activar el arranque seguro. ¿Esta placa tiene un arranque seguro?
[/CITA]
TTengo la misma situación, es necesario comprar el módulo Tpm en nuestro caso o solo activamos las opciones?

translation:
I have the same situation, is it necessary to buy the Tpm module in our case or do we only activate the options?

@matiasgonzalez117 please reply in English as per forum rules

its possible you will find Trusted Platform Module as an option in the bios that you can turn on, I don't know where it would be in the MSI bios but it should be there. You probably don't need to buy a chip.

Jun 25, 2021
translation:
I have the same situation, is it necessary to buy the Tpm module in our case or do we only activate the options?

@matiasgonzalez117 please reply in English as per forum rules

its possible you will find Trusted Platform Module as an option in the bios that you can turn on, I don't know where it would be in the MSI bios but it should be there. You probably don't need to buy a chip.

Oh yeah, sorry, I didn't realize the machine translation was on.

Regarding the problem in question, I was able to activate the TMP AMD security on my MSI / advanced options board and it is not necessary to buy the TMP module separately.

prosenjitdey780

Commendable
Sep 15, 2018
yes your board has secure boot option, but you can bypass secure boot and tpm 2.0 by replacing a file in windows 11 ISO file - Resources - paste the file. now you can make iso and install over the windows 10/clean install

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
yes your board has secure boot option, but you can bypass secure boot and tpm 2.0 by replacing a file in windows 11 ISO file - Resources - paste the file. now you can make iso and install over the windows 10/clean install
we don't condone editing the iso to allow it to be installed on PC like that. I am aware the advice is easy to find if you look for it but we aren't going to advertise it here.