News Windows 11 Store Won't Handle Ups for Win32 Apps

Colif

Win 11 Master
I use the store once every few months, my interest in the store can't really get any lower now. I expect if the updates had appeared there they would have just been loaded in background like store updates do now and you would only know if you look in reliability history to see. So right now, its no different to 10 so I don't see a problem really. No where have they said you can't just install apps from elsewhere so no big deal.

Apr 1, 2020
This is a disappointment because of all the Win32 applications which still don't have the ability to update themselves, but the Microsoft Store is so full of garbage, like all the app stores, that it's far better to go directly to the publisher's website and download the setup files directly, unless Microsoft is going to actually start policing it and certifying publishers and their apps as genuine.

coromonadalix

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Each time i tried store on win 10 i had mixed results, nothing good came from it, ended using tons of third party softwares, but i admit sometimes its a pain to maintain and update ...