Windows 11 Update KB5025239 Issues

barbarianhorde

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2012
Hey guys,

I could use a little guidance here as I've tried everything I know how to do and I can't get a users machine to update which is causing issues. Per the title, we're trying to update her copy of Windows 11, it's the 22H2 Update specifically KB5025239, every time I try to download/install it fails. Let me go over what I've tried thus far.
  1. Ran the update Troubleshooter
  2. Cleared the Update Cache Files under C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
  3. I downloaded KB5025239 from the Windows Catalog and attempted to install using an elevated command prompt using the DISM commands
  4. Tried using the Windows Update Utility
  5. Ran other DISM commands CheckHealth, ScanHealth, Restore Health, etc.
  6. Ran the SFC
  7. Lastly Changed the Update settings under Services
Despite all of that it's still failing, it will download successfully, but then at the 35% mark during the install it fails. The user is remote and they're using our companies custom image so we can't do a reset and sending them a replacement device is a last resort, so I'm wondering if you guys/gals may have any other suggestions to try? I appreciate any input/advice you guys might have!

Colif

Win 11 Master
How hard would it be to do this?

i have had windows update break before and only fix was a repair install.
What it does is rolls windows back to 22H2 and you just need to get the cumulative updates again

It seems that update changes this, not sure if it would be part of problem - https://techcommunity.microsoft.com...emand-windows-laps-available-now/ba-p/3788747