Discussion Windows 11 update potentially causing stuttering issues with new Ryzen 7000 CPUs

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrnWII_XQlw

Interesting. Hopefully the stuttering issue is fixed soon.
Why surprised ?
It's gonna be some time for Windows to catch up with new stuff, just recently there was similar problem with 5900x/5950x but was fixed fast. Brand new chipset drivers too and no much opportunity to test "en mass". I guess that W10 will be out of consideration. .
Zen4 has brand new algorithms for boost and ecco modes and switching may not be as smooth.

Reactions: alceryes
Why surprised ?
It's gonna be some time for Windows to catch up with new stuff, just recently there was similar problem with 5900x/5950x but was fixed fast. Brand new chipset drivers too and no much opportunity to test "en mass". I guess that W10 will be out of consideration. .
Zen4 has brand new algorithms for boost and ecco modes and switching may not be as smooth.
Yeah, hopefully it's fixed soon.
Look at the 10 minute mark. He seems to be running the 7950X on Windows 10, without issue. (at least he doesn't mention any Win 10 issues)

Although he doesn't come out and say it, should we assume that the Win 10 22H2 update (or the separate cumulative update he points out) is an issue for Windows 10 too...? I would guess, yes.

It's not all in hydro bills but more about heat, VRM and CPU.
True. Whether it makes you run your fans/AC more will be case-by-case, room-by-room. That's a little out of scope for me though. If someone is that worried about heating your room then don't by these new chips - simple as that.

Or, actually, some initial reports show them to be VERY good performers at a lowered, 'efficient' power draw. We'll have to wait and see how those reports play out.

Reactions: CountMike
True. Whether it makes you run your fans/AC more will be case-by-case, room-by-room. That's a little out of scope for me though. If someone is that worried about heating your room then don't by these new chips - simple as that.

Or, actually, some initial reports show them to be VERY good performers at a lowered, 'efficient' power draw. We'll have to wait and see how those reports play out.
I jumped into first Ryzen (1600x) because I was desperate to go up from FX 8350 as it was needed badly for my job but it took 3 generations to bring Ryzen to it's peak. I'm waiting this one out for at least gen or two. I'm now retired and this one is doing decent job. May go to 5950 if opportunity arises but that's it for at least couple of years.

I jumped into first Ryzen (1600x) because I was desperate to go up from FX 8350 as it was needed badly for my job but it took 3 generations to bring Ryzen to it's peak. I'm waiting this one out for at least gen or two. I'm now retired and this one is doing decent job. May go to 5950 if opportunity arises but that's it for at least couple of years.
I had the same FX 8350. ;)
Jumped into Intel from there and have been with team blue since. Itching to get a new AMD platform that will last me 5+ years.

Great review on cooling the 'hotness' of the new Ryzen 7000s, with spectacular results -

I had the same FX 8350. ;)
Jumped into Intel from there and have been with team blue since. Itching to get a new AMD platform that will last me 5+ years.

Great review on cooling the 'hotness' of the new Ryzen 7000s, with spectacular results -
I was micrometers away from switching to Intel but AMD cane out in nick of time . Last Intel I had was Pentium 200 Pro with dual CPUs, since then all AMD because of Athlon64 and dual cores.