Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2021
I've been having trouble with updates in windows 11, specifically the 2022-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11 for x64 (KB5008880) update, which says Install error - 0x800f0922, and the 2022-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5009566) update, which says install error Install error - 0x80071ab1. I first tried troubleshooting for windows updates, which the troubleshooter said it detected a problem and made a few changes, but the updates still didn't work. I then did some research and some sources were saying I should turn on the net framework 3.5 feature in the programs and features settings, but when I tried to do that, the same 0x800f0922 showed and I was unable to turn on the feature. I can't seem to find any other solution, and if anyone knows how to fix this, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I've been having trouble with updates in windows 11, specifically the 2022-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11 for x64 (KB5008880) update, which says Install error - 0x800f0922, and the 2022-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5009566) update, which says install error Install error - 0x90071ab1. I first tried troubleshooting for windows updates, which the troubleshooter said it detected a problem and made a few changes, but the updates still didn't work. I then did some research and some sources were saying I should turn on the net framework 3.5 feature in the programs and features settings, but when I tried to do that, the same 0x800f0922 showed and I was unable to turn on the feature. I can't seem to find any other solution, and if anyone knows how to fix this, feedback would be greatly appreciated.
And did you search the net for those specific errors?

Here's the very first return on a Google search for "windows 11 update error 0x800f0922"

Jan 18, 2022
Same errors here as well, with the same two updates. There's also a thread on Reddit about it, so we're not the only ones. No one seems to have found a fix or workaround yet. Manually installing from the catalogue doesn't work, either. I'm on a Surface Laptop Studio that came preloaded with Windows 11, so that's about as official as it gets.

Dec 27, 2021
Same errors here as well, with the same two updates. There's also a thread on Reddit about it, so we're not the only ones. No one seems to have found a fix or workaround yet. Manually installing from the catalogue doesn't work, either. I'm on a Surface Laptop Studio that came preloaded with Windows 11, so that's about as official as it gets.
Phew thanks for that dude. Glad to know I'm not the only one lol.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Any of the fixes suggest sfc & dism?

right click start
choose windows terminal (admin)
If it opens in command prompt, click the arrow on title bar and choose Powershell

type SFC /scannow and press enter

once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

I wonder if a repair install would help?
I assume this works for 11 - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

admittedly this removes updates but it might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.