News Windows 11 Upgrade Bug Fears Change, Keeps Windows 10 Taskbar

Dr3ams

Respectable
Sep 29, 2021
Better to use the Media Creation Tool and either burn an ISO to a DVD, or let the tool load the installer onto a flash drive. Installing it from these two options takes the bumbling online update service out of the loop. By-the-way...using one of the two mentioned options, you can either upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 or do a clean install.

bolski

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2005
Not sure if this is the same, but I did notice last night that the task bar on my main monitor disappeared but the task bar was visible on my secondary and third monitor. Very strange. On the main window, I saw the spinning "wait" icon and it eventually came back. Haven't seen the Windows 10 bar though.

DataMeister

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
It's too bad they don't just put a checkbox somewhere in the settings to choose which taskbar you want. Obviously they are both in the system.

JoBalz

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2014
I'd already made the decision to wait a few months to upgrade, giving MS a chance to identify and fix the bugs that always exist in the initial rollout of a new version of Windows. What I've heard the last two days confirms I'm making a good decision to wait.

TRENDING THREADS