News Windows 11 Users Complain of GeForce Issues After 22H2 Feature Up

ThatMouse

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
Without reading the issues, I can tell you the first thing to try is uninstall GeForce Experience!

Edit: looks like I may be correct: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/202...-after-installing-the-windows-11-2022-update/
"The company publicly acknowledged the issue and released a new beta version of the GeForce Experience software package that it says should fix it. This implies that the problem is with Nvidia's add-on software rather than the GeForce drivers themselves; if you installed the drivers without the GeForce Experience software, you may not have noticed the slowdown in the first place. "

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
In all seriousness, I think Win11 is getting very close to WinME levels of issues.

Comparing 11 to ME is a bit much, i am not constantly reinstalling 11... unlike ME.
Without reading the issues, I can tell you the first thing to try is uninstall GeForce Experience!

I don't have Geforce Experience and see a little stutter that I didn't have before 22H2. I have an RTX 2070 Super.

reinstalling drivers using ddu could fix it. I haven't really tried as problem isn't constant or anything. I am willing to wait.

Comparing 11 to ME is a bit much, i am not constantly reinstalling 11... unlike ME.
Wasn't there an update that forced people to re-install? And everyone knows that upgrading from Win10 to Win11 causes performance issues. Not sure if that's still the case, but I wouldn't be surprised.

And I never had to reinstall WinME in the, like, 6 months I put up with it before going WinXP, haha. It was a continuous painful experience, but I persisted through the savagery of the BSODs xD

Regards.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Wasn't there an update that forced people to re-install? And everyone knows that upgrading from Win10 to Win11 causes performance issues. Not sure if that's still the case, but I wouldn't be surprised.
NO, no update required a reinstall. Not for me anyway, been on same win 11 install since July last year. There are features of 22H2 you don't get without a reinstall but its not essential to have them. You will just get them on next clean install.

I don't recall how long I used ME but XP was a relief afterwards.

Wonder how Insiders missed this. RTM was on one of the rings, no one played any games on an Nvidia card? I find that hard to believe.

NO, no update required a reinstall. Not for me anyway, been on same win 11 install since July last year. There are features of 22H2 you don't get without a reinstall but its not essential to have them. You will just get them on next clean install.

I don't recall how long I used ME but XP was a relief afterwards.

Wonder how Insiders missed this. RTM was on one of the rings, no one played any games on an Nvidia card? I find that hard to believe.
I was talking about this update: https://www.pcgamer.com/latest-windows-security-update-is-locking-users-out-of-their-pcs/

And I agree about the Insiders missing it, but I wonder how many of them really test games in full or can actually notice issues with frame-pacing / stutters.

Regards.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I only have Win 11 Home, no bitlocker, so I didn't have that problem.

i played games when i was on Insiders but i dropped out of it one day before win 11 release, so I don't know for sure.

Reactions: -Fran-