Question Windows 11 won't display different power plans

Ljac95

Honorable
May 21, 2017
I recently upgraded to Windows 11 but have just noticed that I only have the option for the balanced performance plan, It does not show any additional performance plans. I have tried adding them in manually using command prompt and power shell but they still will not display. Has anyone else encountered this and found a solution. I have also tried checking for Windows updates and restarting the system.

Ljac95

Honorable
May 21, 2017
Try doing the things in https://thegeekpage.com/missing-power-plans/ and see if that gets the power plans back.
Thanks for the link, Unfortunately none of them worked. Option 2 I couldn't try as the download is for windows 10 and option 4 the file it wanted me to adjust doesn't seem to exist on my system, not sure if this is the cause. I did notice if I manually add in a balanced plan via command prompt it will add it in and ill just have 2 balanced plans. It seems to be just the other plans that aren't working.

Ljac95

Honorable
May 21, 2017
After trying various solutions I can get high performance to work but as soon as I deselect it and close the control panel it disappears again. Ultimate plan just will not work even though it says it has been successfully applied. I've even tried downloading the files but this seems to do nothing. When I ask control panel to list the available power plans it only lists balanced as available. Does anyone know why this could be, all the fixes I've found say to just run a command through command prompt and it should just appear.

TRENDING THREADS