[SOLVED] Windows 11 wont install even though I meet system requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGhost82

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
Hello! Im trying to upgrade my system from Windows 10 to Windows 11.

I meet all the requirements and windows PC health check gives a green check on everything.
I am currently running windows 10 version 21h2

When I try to install using the Update Assistant I get a message at the end that says. "This version of windows is not yet ready for your system. Windows update will automatically offer you this update when it becomes available"
Ive tried checking for updates and it says im up to date and there is the "Get ready for windows 11" script right below that. It doesnt give me the option to install it just refers me to the system requirements page on microsofts website.
Ive tried running an upgrade from USB. Ive also ran the windows update troubleshooter. Any ideas? I have not tried wiping the drive and installed windows 11 from scratch.

The system:
Asus PRIME B560M-A motherboard
I5-10400
16GB DDR4
500w Aresgame PSU
500GB Crucial SSD
TPM enabled
Secure boot enabled
UEFI
All drivers installed properly from ASUS armory crate

Solution
If your system meets the requirements, patience.
It is NOT rolling out to all systems at the same time.

I have 1 system already on Win 11.
All the rest still on 10.

Of the Win 10 systems, I have 1 which is almost certainly compatible.
Win Update has not yet said "No".

All my other Win 10 systems, which are known not compatible, Win Update has already said No.
Expected, and I have no problem with that.

Patience.
It will either come around and Update when it feels like it, or it will actually tell you no, and why not.
My pc says this..
Great news—your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. Specific timing for when it will be offered can vary as we get it ready for you.

So, mine is ready, but I have chosen not to install.
I guess MS is gradually rolling out across the hardware landscape as it learns about problems encountered, so you may have to wait a bit longer

USAFRet

Titan
If your system meets the requirements, patience.
It is NOT rolling out to all systems at the same time.

I have 1 system already on Win 11.
All the rest still on 10.

Of the Win 10 systems, I have 1 which is almost certainly compatible.
Win Update has not yet said "No".

All my other Win 10 systems, which are known not compatible, Win Update has already said No.
Expected, and I have no problem with that.

Patience.
It will either come around and Update when it feels like it, or it will actually tell you no, and why not.

Solution

PBme

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019
First thought is to make sure that you have enough space free on your HDD. Another solution that has worked for some is from this comment:
"After a bit of trying i found that for me it helpt to go to your "Windows Insider Program" settings and then Choose the channel you want to recieve from. And then choose Beta (recommended) After re-searching for the Windows Update it was downloading the windows 11 update :)"

USAFRet

Titan
First thought is to make sure that you have enough space free on your HDD. Another solution that has worked for some is from this comment:
"After a bit of trying i found that for me it helpt to go to your "Windows Insider Program" settings and then Choose the channel you want to recieve from. And then choose Beta (recommended) After re-searching for the Windows Update it was downloading the windows 11 update :)"
Don't go into the Insider Program unless you are really ready for that, and know what you're doing.

PBme

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019
Yes, while that should go without saying, don't install anything but RTM builds if you are not ok with some degree of risk of instability.
However if you are ok with that, selecting the Release Preview channel is a relatively low (but not zero) level of additional stability risk.

As an aside, I just went in to validate the levels of insider channels and (amusingly) I have a message at the top that my system "does not meet the minimum hardware requirements for Windows 11. " Apparently I forgot to check to see that TPM was enabled after replacing my 3950 with a 5950 and just assumed it remain enabled. There is no notice of the TPM issue in Windows Update or anywhere else in the control panel that I can see.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Ive tried running an upgrade from USB.
that should work, it has for others

1. Download either windows media creation tool (2nd link) or the ISO (3rd link) from https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11 on another PC and create the USB - Might not be necessary to be another PC but it might help
  2. once its made, put it in PC that won't update
  3. go to file exploder (win +e)
  4. navigate to USB
  5. run setup
  6. it should offer to update current PC to windows 11.
  7. Follow the wizard.

Don't need to use insider now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.