Windows 2000 does not boot - Please help!!

I was trying to dock my laptop and mistakenly installed
the NT docking drivers instead of win 2000 and now the
system won't boot. It just shows a blue rectangle in the
center of the screen. I have tried safe mode but it does
not work. I have tried recovery console and fixboot
option but it still does not work.

Any ideas???

Partha <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
| I was trying to dock my laptop and mistakenly installed
| the NT docking drivers instead of win 2000 and now the
| system won't boot. It just shows a blue rectangle in the
| center of the screen. I have tried safe mode but it does
| not work. I have tried recovery console and fixboot
| option but it still does not work.
|
| Any ideas???

Have you tried using 'Last known good configuration' ? - it would be the
next logical step.
You could also try a step-by-step driver load from the F8 menu and elect NOT
to load the docking drivers you installed.
Kevin.

Yes - I have tried Last known good configuration - it
does not work.

How do you do a step by step driver load from the F8 menu?