Windows 2000 Pro Product key

If you have proof of purchase, and it was a retail copy, call Microsoft. If
it was an OEM/bundled copy, try the hardware manufacturer.

todd wrote:
> i lost my windows 2000 pro product key can anyone tell me
> how i can install or find a new key

Todd

....don't know why my original reply hasn't shown up, but to recap - if you
didn't buy it and get a copy of the license, you weren't using a legal copy.
You'll need to buy it (or might's well go get XP at this point).

todd wrote:
> [...]

Bobby

Go to http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php browse to downloads
and get this tool. When you run the application, under the
operating system description it will give you your Product
Key.

This tool is free, and it is a FANTASTIC utility everyone
should have.

Regards
Paul

Yes, or KeyFinder from www.magicaljellybean.com - does the same thing.
Note however that a) this requires that the existing installation is still
bootable, and b) sounds like the OP was not using a legal licensed copy of
Windows to begin with.

pdbasham wrote:
> Bobby
>
> Go to http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php browse to downloads
> and get this tool. When you run the application, under the
> operating system description it will give you your Product
> Key.
>
> This tool is free, and it is a FANTASTIC utility everyone
> should have.
>
> Regards
> Paul

LanWench

Unless the Professor gave him the original copy & licence?

Regards
Paul

True. And uninstalled his/her own copy. :)