Windows 2000 Via 4-in-1 Drivers = CRASHING

G

I have an Asus P3V4X per review here several months ago and whenever I try to do anything with the Via 4-in-1 Drivers I get total system halts/crashes whenever I try to do video or play any 3D game direct3d or opengl. I would like to resolve this ar the performance in win98 is better than win2k for several benchmarks. This means less fps in my q3 deathmatch games. I had read here before that using the 4.17 drivers from Via improved performance to match that of win98.

I have a PIII/770(oc) with 256Mb.PC133SDRAM Asus.V6800Deluxe and Live! with 3com.56k and
some Creative Video/DVD decoder card that came
the drx2 dvd drive. I have tried different drivers with the vga(i.e. NvidiaRefDrivers(all),asus drivers(3.79-5.33)) but every time I install any of the via drivers, it just goes to hell in a handbag.

Sleep is for the weak...

G

I didn't load any via drivers for the P3V4X in windows 2000. I just went to windows update and loaded the service pack 1 and my open gl and 3d games run fine with the V770 tnt2 agp 4x 32 m card. I'm running the detonator2 driver from NVIDIA, Detonator 3 gave me sys hangs on a pent3 600 128 pc133 ram

TRENDING THREADS