Windows 2000, Windows Xp, and Windows Vista

Apr 19, 2018
Will this; Lenovo ThinkPad T420 4236 14″ Notebook - Core i7 2620M 2.7 GHz - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB HDD 2011 USED be able to run Windows 2000 in a tri-boot with XP and Vista? If not, what used laptop will work (this one is $3 apparently)? I'd prefer the used laptop to be an Acer Aspire 5500 (the models from 2007 that come with windows vista) if this one will not work. I also want the cost to be no more than $20 if this $3 laptop will not be compatible. The reason I need a used, windows 2000 compatible laptop is so I can try something that won't work in Oracle VMWare due to emulated internet drivers feeding off the host machine's drivers. Let's just say it involves finding windows XP compatible internet drivers and dragging and dropping its .exe install file into a command prompt app. This same method is how I was able to get Firefox 38, which is unsupported on w2k working successfully despite the requirements needing XP service pack 2 or newer. Thanks in advance for your help!

Solution
Whenever you'll be able or not - go to that laptop' support page, and see what drivers are available. For 2000 drivers, you'll probably have to dial back vintage further down.