Question Windows 64bit not installing

Mar 16, 2019
So I had my new rig repaired after a faulty motherboard. Lost everything and the guy reinstalls windows and my basics back on it. I noticed in program files its x86 which runs all my games on a 32bit and not 64bit limiting my programs to 4gigs, correct? Tried to use the media creation tool to upgrade and check off 64bit but it stays installed with x86. Any ideas?

USAFRet

Titan
So I had my new rig repaired after a faulty motherboard. Lost everything and the guy reinstalls windows and my basics back on it. I noticed in program files its x86 which runs all my games on a 32bit and not 64bit limiting my programs to 4gigs, correct? Tried to use the media creation tool to upgrade and check off 64bit but it stays installed with x86. Any ideas?
Determine what OS he installed.
ThisPC, right click, select Properties.
You should see this:
PS0jAlS.png

Crimsom_247

Reputable
Sep 19, 2016
Hi Brandokuken, your original question is what is installed on your computer so you can decide what to do.
Download Belarc Advisor freeware from https://www.belarc.com/en/products_belarc_advisor.
Install and run it with administrator privileges to get a full report of your computer profile.
Belarc Advisor will open an interactive html file of your computer profile in your browser.
Your computer's Operating System is stated at the top of your computer profile.
Check to see if your computer's Windows is 32 or 64 bit (x86 or x64).
Scroll down to Software Versions and Usage (mouse over for details) to see if your games are 32 or 64 bit.
Hope this helps. Kind regards.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019
Hi Brandokuken, your original question is what is installed on your computer so you can decide what to do.
Download Belarc Advisor freeware from https://www.belarc.com/en/products_belarc_advisor.
Install and run it with administrator privileges to get a full report of your computer profile.
Belarc Advisor will open an interactive html file of your computer profile in your browser.
Your computer's Operating System is stated at the top of your computer profile.
Check to see if your computer's Windows is 32 or 64 bit (x86 or x64).
Scroll down to Software Versions and Usage (mouse over for details) to see if your games are 32 or 64 bit.
Hope this helps. Kind regards.

app is amazing crimson, tells you everything. game is running "windows PE 32bit (x86)"

didnt have any issues before the motherboard crapped out, PC is only a few months old. thats why i posted here thinking it was an old windows that was reinstalled and giving me issues with my gaming

Windows 10 Home (x64) operating system
Gigabyte Tech board AX370-Gaming K5-CF
3.40 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070