[SOLVED] Windows 7 64-bit --- 64-bit programs show as 32-bit in Revo Uninstaller ?

Tim042

Reputable
Sep 10, 2020
Changed my computer Windows 7 from 32 to 64 bit as per shows in system properties and i used a program mover to move across 32 bit programs to the 64 bit OS and all working well mostly and some reinstalls ect

Problem is, i see Windows programs including the 64 bit Visual C+++ 2016-2019 showing as 32 bit in Revo uninstaller and all other Windows ones too. I even tried to reinstal the 64 bit C+++ program from MS and still shows as only 32-bit??. Other programs show as 32 & 64-bit.

Also when i try to install third party programs, i get a vcruntime140_cLr0400.dll error mesg .
I done SFC/ scannow ect and system restore back a month but short of a fresh windows 7 Install, dont know how to fix this error and why 32-bit is showing on a 64-bit OS now ?

Any help appreciated..

Solution
D
Well that was the wrong move you should’ve re-installed and programmed properly
Changed my computer Windows 7 from 32 to 64 bit
How exactly did you do that?
This requires clean install of 64bit windows. Any other way will mess up your system.
and i used a program mover to move across 32 bit programs to the 64 bit OS and all working well mostly and some reinstalls ect
What software did you use for this?

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

Tim042

Reputable
Sep 10, 2020
Yes i did a fresh 64 bit install and all the updates from MS then moved the programs across and compatibility was generally ok , had to reinstall some that were a bit twitchy and others that couldnt be moved . The missing DLL's can be deleted for a number of reasons including a bad uninstall of a program or the system 32 and WOW folders might be muddled from the move? And forums say MS updates can cause DLL problems too. I only noticed later when i did a third party upload and even my old games reinstall are not happening either. I have anumber or program mover programes and never had this trouble from all the windows installs done in the past, so curious is any other fix as reinstalling visuall C+++ didnt fix it.

D

Deleted member 14196

Well that was the wrong move you should’ve re-installed and programmed properly

Solution