Windows 7 64 bit boot loop issue

Deathly_Twig

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
I have this problem where whenever I try to add in RAM and run in dual channel, my windows will boot and get to "Loading Windows 7" And then reboot. It just repeats this endlessly. I can run it fine on one stick of RAM, but when I put in the second (My board only has two slots) It does this. It used to work fine, and only recently started to do this. It's not a problem with the RAM or the motherboard. So I have no idea what it is. Another weird thing is that if I take out my GPU, it will boot fine with both sticks in. I did buy a new PSU, so that's all good and fine. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? This is extremely annoying :/

Deathly_Twig

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

No, I built it myself. It's been working fine till the other month, I've been using it on one stick of RAM for a while, and it's just getting too annoying.

i got an asus [sabertooth] that is that way one stick no matter were i put it runs fine 2 sticks bad never figured it out as of yet with any brand of memory.. .... but why i asked if it was a dell is that on some dells if you upgrade the vid card you have to remove a stick of ram in order for it to work dont ask me why its just a thing with them.

Deathly_Twig

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

I will have to see if I can get another motherboard to try it on. I did try it on an older one and it did the same thing, but that board died a few days later. So I will have to try on a new one. Ughh...haha.

ya i would check the card to see if its shorting somthing out or sending windows bad info it needs to load the cards stuff on seeing how it works without the card in... or if you can get a card that is knowen to work fine and see if it still has the issue then you can look at the board ?? just got to go through a little trial and error to narrow things down and decide what to do next..

Deathly_Twig

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

I've already tried numerous cards. It doesn't matter, it still does it. So I know it's not the GPU. I also know it's not the RAM, as I have thoroughly tested that. I know it's not my CPU because that works perfectly well, even stress tested it. My system isn't running hot either. It's not my PSU, as I have replaced it. So I have no idea. :(

like me i just run with the one stick after awile i just come to the fact that its an defected board or somthing i could not find having it now for 2 years but it funs just fine on the one stick games real good benches real good alls good with it so it fires right up and runs all day works hard playes harder no hangs no bsods nothing just cant use more than one stick... go figure? was going to replace it but as long as it will do as i want i'll keep running it till it drops no reason to spend more money on it untill i decide on or need a new build...