Windows 7-64 bit BSOD - Bad Config Error

badboytim

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
My Rig is an ASUS 990FX Mobo w/AMD 8350 4GHz CPU & 32GB RAM, Running Windows 7 Pro-64 bit OS.

I wanted to do a full scan with Bitdefender, last night and wanted to setup a shutdown event in w7 pro. I was having trouble creating the event and it was suggested to do a "clean slate" startup to be able to create the event: a shutdown 4 hours from when starting the scan. In the System Configuration window, under the general tab, I deselected: "Load System Services" and "Load Startup Items". Windows restart gives BSOD "Bad Config Error". System Restore, Startup Repair
and Safe Mode "Last known good configuration" fails.

Can I restore these settings in BCD Edit or RegEdit? What Windows shorthand are these two options known by in RegEdit or BCD Edit? Or would upgrade to W7 Ultimate be required to reset these services? Could not do an in-place upgrade on Win 7 Pro... Want to avoid Win 10 if possible. I can access BCD Edit or Reg Edit from command line after W7 Pro fails "Startup Repair" after BSOD. Thanks mucho if someone knows how to fix this!!

badboytim

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
Safe mode, startup repair, system restore and last known good config all resulted in same BSOD message. That is why I am looking for advice or links to fix these two items in reg Edit or BCD edit. Thanks though...