Windows 7 64bit BSOD @ Boot (80% of the time)

Simon Larsson

Honorable
May 27, 2013
Hi, I have an issue with my computer. Almost every time i boot the computer i get a BSOD & it begins dumping memory.

I just keep restarting the computer and eventually i can login. Once im logged in I have no issues at all.

Iam supplying you all with an image with info of all my recent BSOD's I will be monitoring this thread so if you need something else just ask.

Q7usQ8d.png

Full Size Image

Also here are my computer specs

Wrecfta.png

It is not my home computer its my work computer by the way.

Simon Larsson

Honorable
May 27, 2013

running a sfc /scannow, will do a chkdsk after.

DhXa6cE.png

Nothing found. Running a chkdsk.

Chkdsk completed without errors.

Simon Larsson

Honorable
May 27, 2013

The HP BIOS has some kind of DPS self test that i can run to check the hdd for errors is that good enough or should i use something else?

if its an xp machine (ie it came loaded with xp) and you swapped out the original install for windows 7 then thats your issue. like i said hpet is needed for windows 7 and without it you will either have to put up with the bsod or switch back to xp. your motherboard isnt compatable with windows vista.7 or 8 as they all need hpet to run stable. if you cant find it in the advanced motherboard features then you have zero options to install your o.s. the only real option is swap out the motherboard for a none eom unlocked bios version of 775 socket... you can pick up an asrock 1 for as little as £30 which will support all the new win 7 features