Windows 7 64bit Freezes on Boot

BranKeye

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Hello,every time I boot Windows 7 64bit it slows down for about 2 seconds, then freezes, except for the mouse. Nothing will recover, and this happens within a few minutes of boot up. I don't know what to do, I need things to try, please and thank you.

Safe mode, Last Good Configuration.

fullforce

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
1. try booting in safe mode - if that works run cmd, and type "sfc /scannow" - it will scan all system files and files they have been changed it will repair them
2. boot using a windows repair disk and try and repair boot
3. boot using a windows repair disk and browse for a driver and copy any files you need to a USB stick and then do a fresh install of windows

BranKeye

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Checked event viewer, a file in Nvidia Updatus called daemonu.exe produced an error. Another file from Kaspersky 2012 produced an error, however that is probably all because the system becomes unresponsive after about a few minutes of internet surfing or file exchanging, etc. One thing I've noticed, sound will continue to play.

It's a 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black hard drive, btw.

jrneubauer

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
I tried almost everything listed in the form!

Finally, I determined the "hanging" on startup was caused by Kaspersky Internet Security. Once my Thinkpad was running, it would run forever, but Kaspersky in my task bar was always blinking (scanning) too much! When it didn't hang on startup, programs and even Thunderbird took significantly LONGER to load. Super annoying!!!

My solution was to uninstall Kaspersky 2012 and reinstall version 11.0.2.556 which is still available on the Kaspersky web site. (I wonder why) This was a pain to uninstall, as all Internet Security Programs seem to be.

What a difference, - my life has returned to normal and I haven't had a single hang in days. Computer working much faster again!

Respectfully,
JohnnieBush