Windows 7 and ASUS M3N78-VM

W0lfZ3ro

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
I've been looking doing some research about windows 7 and I discovered that your motherboard must support virtual hardware, for it to run XP, so enabling a dual boot, between Windows 7 and Xp. I not sure that my motherboard has the virtual hardware. I'm not seeing it, can someone help me?

Solution
XP mode is not Dual Boot. Dual Boot is when you set your computer up so you choose which operating system you want on start up. You do not need any particular hardware to do this.

"XP Mode" is a virtualized environment, which means that you can run XP from insode Win 7. This does require a procesor that supports Virtualization. Check with the manufacturer to see.
XP mode is not Dual Boot. Dual Boot is when you set your computer up so you choose which operating system you want on start up. You do not need any particular hardware to do this.

"XP Mode" is a virtualized environment, which means that you can run XP from insode Win 7. This does require a procesor that supports Virtualization. Check with the manufacturer to see.

Solution

Latest posts