Windows 7 and Consumers Reports

zdbc13

Distinguished
Well, Consumers Reports just said to stick with 7.

I stayed with XP for years after Vista and then 7 was out. Finally switched a couple of years ago and never looked back. Love my 7.....

Now, although I've already bought an 8 upgrade, I'll probably do the same with 7 until touchscreen really comes into it's own.

How about you in the community? What do you plan to do?????

Solution
Because I went along the upgrade path, even through Vista unfortunately, I was familiar with the changes along the line and found Win7 to be the "best of the best" as far as features go, at least as far as its business applications. Because Win8 does not necessarily add-on value in that arena for me (or our customers), I am more than happy to stick with 7.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Think I will stick with windows 7 myself very happy with it. As for windows 8, metro put me off like you say due to the fact I think its direction was aimed at touch screen like you said. I would of thought by now monitor makers would be pushing them out by the dozen by now for tower pc`s.

Stay with what works....Windows 7 works perfectly for me. I use Windows Media Center with HTPC and networked tuners...the forums are full of complaints regarding Windows 8 and Windows Media Center (which is a purchased add-on). The biggest advantage to upgrade is the touch screen. Isn't that why we have a mouse? The touchscreen is for tablets and phones....LOL.

rearendhat

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
I have run Windows 8 in a few test environments, both virtualized and on dedicated hardware. I see no point to migrate any of my computers and the computers of my clients to Windows 8 yet. Windows 7 works, and unless you have a touchscreen, there are not too many advantages to an upgrade.

chugot9218

Honorable
Yup, If I hadn't gotten a Windows 8 upgrade code for free, I would have purchased one while it was cheap and stored it away until it is either modded enough to give me a Win 7 experience or until I decide it has any advantage for me to use past Win7, which I am having trouble finding.

zdbc13

Distinguished

Yeah, having to buy media center sucks! I use VLC anyway.

Hi :)

TOTALLY agree....

Particularly with the EPIC FAIL...

All the best Brett :)

G

After scratching my head for months, and literally 9 months of constant use across various systems and environments. i have upgraded my main system to Windows 8 and advice all my customers to not downgrade, but embrace the change!

It is simply,

1) Faster
2) Secure
3) Stable
4) Smaller Working Footprint.

Tile Interface still sucks, but since Start8, I have not seen it unless I want to.

Most of my customers actually like the tiles once they see what they do, and some have fallen in love with it!

Its not that bad once you stop being negative, but if you are on 7, honestly no real reason to change as & is great anyway!

chugot9218

Honorable
Because I went along the upgrade path, even through Vista unfortunately, I was familiar with the changes along the line and found Win7 to be the "best of the best" as far as features go, at least as far as its business applications. Because Win8 does not necessarily add-on value in that arena for me (or our customers), I am more than happy to stick with 7.

Solution

Hi :)

Snap... :)

All the best Brett :)