Windows 7 backup

nodellsplease

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
I am doing a new build. My old computer has a HDD and the new one will have an SSD (850 EVO). If I create a system image onto a thumb drive and then restore it onto the new computer, will that work? Assuming the new computer has Windows 7 installed. Will that get all my pictures, files, folders, documents, etc., onto the new computer? Apparently I would need to reformat the thumb drive to NTFS. I guess what I'm asking is what's the best way to transfer all the data from one drive to the other.

Thanks for any help.

Solution
You would need a 64gb plus thumb drive to put a hard drive image on it.

The Samsung evo comes with its own migration software.

Just plug the SSD into your PC with the HDD also in it, boot to HDD like normal, install and run program and clone drive to SSD, remove HDD and now boot from SSD. To be able to plug HDD back into PC you will have to go into bios and make sure SSD is first boot device.
You would need a 64gb plus thumb drive to put a hard drive image on it.

The Samsung evo comes with its own migration software.

Just plug the SSD into your PC with the HDD also in it, boot to HDD like normal, install and run program and clone drive to SSD, remove HDD and now boot from SSD. To be able to plug HDD back into PC you will have to go into bios and make sure SSD is first boot device.

Solution