Windows 7 Blue Screen - MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x1a

Reprisal35

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
Okay, so I've experience two Blue Screens in the past 3 days and I'm starting to get worried. The first time it happened, I was playing a game called Path of Exile Beta: The Awakening. I also had the following applications, Firefox (Twitch, Pandora, Imgur, +Other text tabs), Skype, Steam, TeamSpeak and Sticky Notes. Those are my basic applications that I run on a daily basis along with the same tabs I use on a regular basis. I was in the middle of playing the game when I just got a Blue Screen. I thought it was an issue with the game since it's currently in Beta and I saw other reports of PC crashes as well. I reported it to the devs, and forgot about it.

The second time it happened was roughly 20mins ago. I was browsing through Imgur while having my other typical applications running. The only difference is that about 10mins before the blue screen happened, I had just finished a game of League of Legends decided to log out for the night.

I've installed 2 things around the time of the first blue screen, and 1 just yesterday. The one I installed yesterday is another game which I haven't touched yet, the other two are UserTesting Recorder Plugin and Livestreamer 1.12.2. I'm considering doing a system restore to about a week or two ago just in case it's a application causing this.

What I can say for sure is that Firefox has been crashing rather often recently. I haven't been able to pinpoint the source of the problem, but it seems to occur whenever I have multiple videos running (Youtube/Twitch), or I'm browsing through Imgur for a rather long period of time. Might be related to the "Plugin Container for Firefox" since that seems to see a huge increase in memory the longer I have Firefox running while visiting those websites. Possibly Adobe Flash related?

Does anyone have any idea of the exact cause of the issue?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000041790
BCP2: FFFFFA8009A45560
BCP3: 000000000000FFFF
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Here's a WhoCrashed Analyze on the two Blue Screen's minidump files

On Mon 6/1/2015 5:02:47 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060115-42666-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x748C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA8009A45560, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 6/1/2015 5:02:47 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k!memset+0x1670)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 5/28/2015 9:37:08 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\052815-24164-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x748C0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

EDIT: Forgot to upload the dump files
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucgmen9cvx2ewtq/052815-24164-01.zip?dl=0

Solution
your machine also has a very old BIOS, you should update to a current version
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4050#bios
(you will want to confirm this is the correct machine)
The updated BIOS will fix know bugs in the motherboards electronics. (particularly in USB support)

your bugcheck was caused because a mapping between your memory and your storage in your pagefile.sys became corrupted. I can not tell why but you do have various potential sources of corruption. I would update the device drivers indicated below and see if the problem goes away. I would also start cmd.exe as an admin and run
sfc.exe /scannow
and confirm all corruptions are fixed. (your core windows file looked ok in the debugger, you...
your machine also has a very old BIOS, you should update to a current version
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4050#bios
(you will want to confirm this is the correct machine)
The updated BIOS will fix know bugs in the motherboards electronics. (particularly in USB support)

your bugcheck was caused because a mapping between your memory and your storage in your pagefile.sys became corrupted. I can not tell why but you do have various potential sources of corruption. I would update the device drivers indicated below and see if the problem goes away. I would also start cmd.exe as an admin and run
sfc.exe /scannow
and confirm all corruptions are fixed. (your core windows file looked ok in the debugger, you just had a bunch of old outdated OEM drivers installed)

remove this driver or update from motherboard vendor, driver is used to charge some apple devices. (but has bugs that corrupt memory)
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AppleCharger.sys Tue Nov 01 19:46:00 2011

update this driver
Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection driver
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1c62x64.sys Wed Jul 20 09:37:53 2011

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/47549/Intel-82579-Gigabit-Ethernet-Controller

you will want to update all of your motherboard drivers from your motherboard vendor,
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4050#dl
(except the intel LAN driver which you should get from intel)

(all of your motherboard drivers are out of date)

you are running a free trial of bitdefender from 2013, I would remove it, it is not doing any good.

I would update your cosair mouse and keyboard drivers you have 2012 versions.

update:
Fresco Logic xHCI (USB3) Device Driver
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\FLxHCIc.sys Fri Nov 04 00:21:19 2011

if i were to guess at the actual cause of your bugcheck I would be looking at this driver
WinDriver or Alohabob USB Bridge Cable Driver
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\windrvr6.sys Wed Sep 02 02:36:17 2009

you might want to figure out if you really need it and what it does.
http://www.jungo.com/st/support/windriver/how_to_uninstall/

i would remove this driver (i think it is part of bit defender)
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\trufos.sys Wed Mar 06 03:47:58 2013
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=trufos.sys

machine info:
BIOS Version F10
BIOS Release Date 03/05/2012

Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product X79-UD3

Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Processor Voltage 8ch - 1.2V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 7000MHz
Current Speed 3700MHz

Solution

TRENDING THREADS