Windows 7 Bootable USB help :(

Snooooowman

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015
So, my HDD failed a couple of days ago, so i went to the store, and got a new 1tb WD Blue HDD. I've plugged my HDD into my PC, went to my laptop, got a Windows 7 ISO, Put it on a USB disk via Rufus, and plugged it into my PC. I booted it up, and it keeps going straight to my BIOS.

I'm not sure what to do anymore, someone please help :(

Disable CSM in bios. You will have to use GPT on your new drive. if it's already partitioned hit shift +f10 when windows asks where to install then:
diskpart
list disk
select disk x(x beeing the drive you are installing to)
clean
convert gpt
exit
exit

then hit refresh and select "create" to make a partition for windows as big as you require it. windows will create several partitions and auto-select the proper one to install to.

WARNING: this will erase all partitions and data on the drive

Snooooowman

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015
Ok, instead of trying to do it myself, I went to a friend of mine, who works at a computer shop, and asked him to help me with it.

He has a new copy of windows 7, that we were going to put on an SSD in my pc. So we plopped the SSD in, put the CD in, and tried to boot it up to install windows, and it went to the BIOS. So we looked arround in the bios, and found an option in bootable options, that had a dropdown menu for the type of bootable CD or USB that we were trying to put in. It had 2 options, Windows, or Other OS. So we put other Windows in, and it gets to the windows start screen, then freezes. So we put other OS, and when we tried to boot it up, it loaded into the windows 7 install start screen, then the keyboard and mouse stopped working. So we went back into the bios, and the keyboard was working there, as was the mouse, so we tried again. and still, the keyboard and mouse weren't working.

I'm thinking it's the motherboard, but i don't know.

Snooooowman

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015
H110-M/M32CD/DP_MB I believe, Check this website for reference.
http://www.pcbuildadvisor.com/asus-m32cd-review/
It's the ASUS m32cd, I upgraded PSU and GPU, now I've replaced the HDD (Because it's broke) with an SSD.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i wonder if its got same bios as mine

I wonder if this helps:

in the boot menu under advanced settings change the usb mode to full initialization then save and restart. this will enable all usb devices and it will boot from the usb automatically.

as that is what I would have to do to boot off USB on my motherboard. Give it a go :)

Snooooowman

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015
I tried windows 10, and 7, and the problem persists. It's going straight into the BIOS instead of booting off of the CD/USB that I put in it. Is there anything else that I have not tried?

TRENDING THREADS