Windows 7 Boots up Login Screen then goes black for 20 seconds after putting in password

Windows 7 boots up to the login Screen then goes black for 20 seconds after entering password then shows the desktop and everything works perfectly.

This is more of an annoyance than a problem and has been going on for a few years.

I built a NAS4FREE server to backup all of my data.

When the NAS4FREE server is turned on Windows boots up without hesitation, showing the desktop near instantly after entering the password.

The issue is I only put the server on once a week to do weekly backups, Crashplan is in charge of hourly/daily backups to the cloud.

When the server is off it feels like Windows tries to connect to the NAS4FREE network share, mapped to the Z drive, but won't launch the desktop / explorer process until the network share times out.

I feel this could be solved my switching a certain service from automatic to automatic delayed, but my googlefu just brings back people who have a nonbootable system at a black screen.

Do note that this is only a problem with Windows 7.

Windows 10 doesn't hesitate to show the desktop on the computer downstairs with the same setup.

Computer is in signature.

Solution
"When the server is off it feels like Windows tries to connect to the NAS4FREE network share, mapped to the Z drive, but won't launch the desktop / explorer process until the network share times out."
Disconnect the mapping and see if it still hangs up when rebooted
"When the server is off it feels like Windows tries to connect to the NAS4FREE network share, mapped to the Z drive, but won't launch the desktop / explorer process until the network share times out."
Disconnect the mapping and see if it still hangs up when rebooted

Solution

At one point I was using Crashplan for my local backups and it required a mapped drive.

I switched to using Synctoy for local backups a few months ago and I don't think it cares.

I'll have to try this when I get home.

Thanks