Windows 7 BSOD

arya101

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
I am facing a BSOD randomly,specially when i am shutting down my pc and even when i try to wake up the pc after sleep.Thanks for any help

arya101

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
There are 5-6 error codes as everytime there is a bsod there is new error code.Bad pool header,Unexpected kernel mode trap,Cache manager,Irql not less or equal etc.I reinstalled my os after bsod but still no solution.

AtlBo

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2012

Have you tried booting with one stick of memory at a time? Could be a memory issue. I would run a chkdsk /f /r. This will help you rule out the hard drive functionality and will also fix any corruption that Windows is capable of fixing pre-boot.

Look closely at the next blue screen error message (the top part) or download BlueScreenView and check the minidumps you already have to see if Windows identifies a specific process as the cause of the blue screens.

Pass on anything you find. Looks like your issue:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2756530/random-blue-screens.html

AtlBo

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2012
Could you zip up the 10 most recent minidump files and post them on mediafire? C:\Windows\minidump.

See if this jogs anything with your situation:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-blue-screen-error-0x00000024/42f8327f-643d-496a-a36d-c1f67bac8b44?tab=AllReplies#tabs

I wonder if you have a memory issue. If you have a spare stick that will work in the PC, you might give that a try. Otherwise, what do you have running in the system tray? I run Comodo Firewall, and it goes bonkers periodically. Have to reinstall it. I've had avast leave the building before too and that one with errors...

AtlBo

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2012
Take a look here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/bsod-caused-by-tcpipsys-and-fwpkclntsys/fada2cee-ede5-4643-b893-54df4796fa82

Startup repair does everything sfc /scannow does, but I would run it anyway. Only take a few minutes. Start->Programs->Accessories->Right click on command prompt and run as admin->type sfc /scannow then press enter.

When it finishes, copy and paste the following into the command prompt to see the log. It will drop on the desktop:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

See if it finds any errors. Also, see if you can boot into safe mode with networking and see if you can work there without any bluescreens.

Probably driver corruption. Booting into safe mode will help see if this is the case. A clean sfc log and no problems in safe mode would almost certainly mean a driver. Hate safe mode, since there's no sound, but maybe you can find a long video and let it run in a tab and then surf around doing anything you might be normally doing. Maybe open a program while you surf in safe mode.

One other thing that comes to my mind. I don't have a PC with avast on it running, but maybe you could check to see if hardware virtualization could be causing your BSODs. It's been know to cause issues. Disable here:

Go to "Settings" - "Troubleshooting" - remove checkmark at "Enable hardware-assisted virtualization" - reboot PC

Post back with any results

arya101

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
The sfc /scannow came without errors and hardware assisted virtualization checkmark was removed.I faced like 10 bsod between that so i couldnt even come online to reply as it crashes before that

AtlBo

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2012

Well, I guess that's all the potentially easy fixes I can think of.

In the mean time, can you get into Safe Mode with Networking? Tap F8 repeatedly during the BIOS screen and see if you can get to Advanced Boot Options. If you can run in Safe Mode without issues that will mean that it's likely software and probably a driver, although it could be a software driver, not just a hardware one...

Have you installed anything elaborate lately? Some programs require the depths of Windows where things can get more complicated...programs that require elevated privileges and that install software drivers, etc.

Some questions I have at this point:
1. PC maker/manufacturer
2. PC specs (video card/RAM type/processor/hard disks/motherboard/PSU make, model, and rating)
3. Is the PC overclocked and/or used heavily?
4. What is the age of the PC?
5. What runs in the system tray when you boot?

Look this over. Maybe the thread will jog some things, but it can help to see what you might be into too (17 pages):

https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/40664-bsod-attempted_write_to_readonly_memory-windows-10-pro-64bit-2.html?s=36ecdb7aeeb5d5103ac84331b7a40fb2

Also, take a look at this thread. I couldn't say it any better than Paul Tomato that's for sure. Take his questions in post #2 and answer them one by one. Take your time as it's alot to sort through. Post them back unless you come up with something first. This will at least cover some of the hardware angles.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/26240-63-getting-bsod-error-messages-time

This one ended with the original poster replacing the motherboard. He had no problems after replacing the part.

arya101

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
Problem is crash is very random sometimes it happens in 10 minutes and sometimes after 4-5 hours so its very unpredictable.I have even brought a computer expert due to crashes but even they couldnt figure it out.Specs is Core i3,4gb ram,Windows 10 64 bit.Yes it is crashing even in safe mode.Can you guys tell me how many hours it is normal to use PC because i am a heavy user.

AtlBo

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2012
Sounds like Windows corruption maybe, so could be the hard drive. Have you run chkdsk /r yet? It will check for and repair damaged sectors. Fixes alot of problems Windows by removing data from a bad sector and placing it in another. Bad sector is marked then and never used...

Also, could be the PSU or a loose cable in the case. O/C, if there is alot of dust in the PC, it should be cleaned. That can cause temperature problems. PCs are set to turn off automatically if temps get too high...

Just for the record, is the PC a desktop or a laptop? Apologies if you mentioned already, and it doesn't matter all that much, but it helps to know it will difficult for you to clean the PC or check data and power connections, etc. Also, the type of PSU is very different...

arya101

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
I have run chkdsk like 8 times,no errors found.Its a desktop and the first thing that i did after the problem started was to clean the pc so its shiny clean.Also is Psu is like few months old so i dont think its any kind of power problem

AtlBo

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2012
You mentioned running the in place repair from another PC. If you have access to another Windows 7 PC, search->type "create"->choose "create system repair disc" and follow the insctruction to burn a system repair disk. Boot to the disk. You have a large number of options, including system restore from the disk.

There are others too...list goes on and on what can be done from a command prompt. For starters if you get to the System Repair environment is to try the system restore.

arya101

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
I have tried both system restore and repair,no results.I have never faced any problem in my pc as i know my way around and all of the sudden i am facing a weird problem which even experts are failing to detect