ilievxman99

Reputable
Apr 28, 2016
I am upgrading to an SSD next week and I will be installing a fresh Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1. I have heard that for many people updates don't show up until a few days after the installation. Anyways does that change if you activate Windows before checking for updates? I kind of need to install them immediately after installation. Thank you!

updates would show as soon as you connect to the MS server through Windows Update.
but Windows 7 is discontinued and no longer supported. do you still actually see Microsoft updates provided when running Windows Update?

the best option is usually to get the latest available OS install package. it would have any updates included.

ilievxman99

Reputable
Apr 28, 2016
updates would show as soon as you connect to the MS server through Windows Update.
but Windows 7 is discontinued and no longer supported. do you still actually see Microsoft updates provided when running Windows Update?

the best option is usually to get the latest available OS install package. it would have any updates included.
No idea I turned off updates in like 2017 but are you saying if I do a clean install I won’t get ANY updates even the ones before Jan 15th??