Windows 7 compatible software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockZet

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
Hello, I'm new in this community, please do not judge me so strong :)

I want to ask, did you already installed Windows 7 RC?

I installed it successfully and a few programs as Firefox, Mil Shield, 7Zip and Lavasoft Firewall run on it without any bugs.

stephny

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009

Works fine on my computer and feel better than vista see:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7

RockZet

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009

Thanks for this info :)

Yes, I also feel better then Vista

RockZet

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009

I think that many programs do not work on Windows 7 because still this system is not Vista although some people say it.

But I continue with the tests and I will tell you what is going on... :)

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I have problems running skype.

I haven't installed it on 7 though, I just run the executable from my vistar (actually I might have originally installed it on xp not sure atm). Anyhow, when I try to sign in to skype it closes. . .

Duesouth

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
I have a list of about a dozen software that will not work under windows 7. but it works under windows xp perfectly.

w7 solution is please contact the manufacture of the software to make sure that you have the most resend version. lol
just bought the software off the shelf of the store and wait it is not compatible. solution please contact the manufacture. makes no sense.
oh I am also have hardware issues too.

if you got a 56 k pci modem motorola, hp1018 printer kiss that to the trash. or the shelf of your storage. or just use your previous operating system. so for me to upgrade to w7 is not really an upgrade but a downgrade.

I am running a home office here so I need my 56 k modem as my fax, and I need my printer.. lol enjoy the numbers of complication(complexity) of a new operating system.

RockZet

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009

Me too :( Maybe soon they will release compatible version.

RockZet

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009

I agree with you, really there are lots of software that don't work and will not work on Windows 7. Many software companies make a noise about this compatibility but there is nothing there.

Sorry for your hardware troubles, man. I have no problems for now but most probably they will visit me unexpectedly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.