windows 7 , computer not reconizing the key from bot of laptop used now for abt 2-3 yrs, bought new please help x

tam123

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015
on screen displays (windows 7 , build 7601, this copy is not genuine )on screen.
i have used this computer from new and recently the notice has come up that it is not a genuine copy , i have a coa sticker on bottom but some digits not been able to read, i have had microsoft online and checked the digits on coa but they said they dont reconize it and to buy a new one but why should i buy when it was working perfectly ?.
so im hoping someone can help me get my coa bk? please

Solution
If the system was pre-installed with Windows 7 from the vendor, the vendor supports their OEM version of Windows, not Microsoft. Contact the maker of the computer, although they may tell you the system is out of warranty and you need to pay for support or buy a new Windows copy.

tam123

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015
the coa is on the bottom of the laptop and i told them what i could see some digits you can see but a couple of digits im unsure of but when i contacted microsoft with the digits that i thought were the ones .x

If the system was pre-installed with Windows 7 from the vendor, the vendor supports their OEM version of Windows, not Microsoft. Contact the maker of the computer, although they may tell you the system is out of warranty and you need to pay for support or buy a new Windows copy.

Solution