Question Windows 7, constant DNS server issues, keeps disconnecting me from internet.

Dec 25, 2018
This has been going on for a few months now, started out of nowhere so I'm wondering if it's some sort of setting I can change but not sure. I'm running an Ethernet adapter into my computer but I've tried connecting that to other devices and there's no issue. I've tried resetting the IPconfig and the Winsock catalog on CMD but doesn't work. I've tried disabling and enabling my connection in the network settings several times but nothing. Not an expert by a long shot but running out of options to try now so if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Are you sure it is just dns. Lots of things blame DNS when the internet is completely down and just because it can't get to the DNS server it assumes just the server is down.

First I would set the DNS in the nic setting to 8.8.8.8 You can use 4.2.2.2 or 1.1.1.1 if you do not like google (8.8.8.8). The default is to use your ISP DNS server and your router acts a DNS proxy/cache. Going straight to a DNS server tends to be more stable.