Windows 7 Could Spur Mac Sales Instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

timberwolf1128

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
[citation][nom]doc70[/nom]I have a theory: I smell a Mac fan in tom's staff...[/citation]

Indeed. If you look at his recent articles they are all Apple is the greatest thing since sliced bread and windows is Satan.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
windows launch coinciding near holiday seasons when people tend to buy things?
ever wonder why your boat rises everytime there's high tide?

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
I think MS should simply make Win7 detect bootcamp somehow and then have the OS start randomly opening text boxes cursing the user.

But that's just my opinion.

iamthewalrus528

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
"We have concluded that no negative correlation exists on Apple's (AAPL) hardware sales when Microsoft launches a new OS. Ironically, we believe new OS launches from MSFT may have even acted as a 'delayed accelerant' to AAPL's computing sales,"

If this is from previous releases, what data are we debating? If they are saying Vista was a delayed accelerant...it's because we all know Vista didn't do very well in the market place and back in XP release days, Apple was much less of a competitor than it is today so whatever data that is from 2001ish is irrelevant. To then place this bit of data as a reason Windows 7, which obviously isn't getting the same reviews as Vista, would make it "time to buy a Mac" asinine. Plus, a simple positive correlation of past Microsoft OS releases is a horrible determinate for Win 7's possible effect on Mac sales. I'm not defending Microsoft here as it could really go either way as to what happens to Apple's sales in the coming months, I'm just flagging Marcus' article as bogus. What is the point of this article if the data is seemingly pulled out of nowhere and hardly relevant? Please refrain from posting "news" articles unless something news-worthy happens instead of just opinions, thanks.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
God forbid there be a Mac fan to write articles at tomshardware. We know that this is tomshardwarewindowsonly.com and Apple isn't to be talked about.

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
I think Ill stick with the OS that gives me the most compatibility and most flexible hardware configurations.

If you have another that fits that description Id like to know of it.

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
I've got nothing against Apple...but then I'm deaf, dumb and blind. The same could be said for Microsoft, so I ain't taking anybody's side. This whole Apple vs Microsoft (or PC) thing is a double-edged sword and if people matured enough, they'd stop bickering over stupid things like this.

Marcus Yam loves Apple, get over it. Marcus, we heard enough, this isn't your personal blog, stop posting some new "facts" that support your love for Apple.

beckstrom12

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
I know why I work at Best Buy and we don't have any windows computers to sell because they aren't releasing any new ones till win 7 comes out.

G

Unfortunately, Mac isn't actually worthy of having fans, the "fans" they have are either on Apple's payroll, or they're just naive people of insufficient technical knowledge who were duped by Apple's marketing machine.

How else do you sell someone such an overpriced piece o' crap that is inferior in every way to it's Windows/Linux/BSD equivalent costing less than half the price? Honesty hasn't sold an Apple product since the 80s, if not for lies, Apple would've went belly-up years ago...

ottozero

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Mac our outdated hardware, but nice design and Excellent Operating system. I will purchase an iMac when they offer a 4 or 8 core CPU with at least the option for 16gb of Ram, and 2gb Video Card. I would love to run Both Current Operating systems (S.L. & Win7) I currently own a Dell studio quad core 2.3ghz with 8gb Ram, 1gb 4670 (I upgraded)and it runs great (except for Vista 64bit os, it has bugs). Then again I could just wait longer and Get an upgraded Mac Pro with USB 3.0/Blu-ray/dual 8-core CPUs/128 GB ram.......nice

daship

Distinguished
The author is a dumb ass!!!!!!!!!!!

I run OSX and Win 7, I can honestly say Win 7 is a faster and all around better OS.

OSX is fine, but there's no where near enough software titles compared to Windows.

OSX is probably easier for a new user, but once you feel like a geek, Windows is a must.

G

Given a choice between a PC and a Mac, I would go with the PC every time. Windows 7 is a big improvement over previous versions of windows.

Having seen and experienced OS-X, I would have to say that OS-X along with recent improvements would be the main attraction for anyone moving to a Mac. Although the use of an Intel processor can add more glitter.

If I were ever to get a Mac or PowerBook, it would be so I can learn how to work on them and to fix them so when someone needs me to fix their Mac, I can do it. Maybe even to increase the chances of my eventually getting a job.

Currently I spend most of my time on PCs.

G

ummm...i do think the author may be biased but i think it could be that the technologically illiterate with deep pockets want to overpay for macs so they can run windows 7 on it? although of course we all know the best windows machines are PCs.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
TOMS HARDWARE ATTRACTS WINDOWS 'FANBOYS' BECAUSE ITS ALL ABOUT TINKERING WITH HARDWARE! SOMETHING YOU CAN'T DO WITH A MAC!

so stfu about this site being mainly for PC users. come back when apple let you use any arrangement of hardware you want. otherwise go some place where a Mac person should feel more at home... like an interior design forum or something...

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
how does this guy still have a job??? articles like this make toms look like a trash sight. it gives no pertinent information has no real news worthy facts and is based on a personal conjecture. i can understand the mac vs pc fight, but at the least give us some proper propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS