Windows 7 crashes after installing the nvidia drivers! (DESPERATE HELP NEEDED)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Claaken

Reputable
Oct 9, 2014
Recently my gaming PC stopped working properly as it came up saying a graphic driver had stopped working then had recovered therefore i though it best to re install windows 7 so that the problem hopefully sorted its self out. This was not the case. After re installing, Network and motherboard drivers i decided to download the GPU drivers which then asked me to restart my PC to finish updating, After doing this it could not start again, It just crashed at the "Starting Windows" screen. The only way i can now get onto my PC is by going in safe mode or system restore.

(HELP DESPERATELY NEEDED AS I NEED TO GET PC UP AND RUNNING ASAP)

ps: If anymore information is needed don't feel afraid to ask. I can provide PC Specs if needed.

Claaken

Reputable
Oct 9, 2014
Well I sort of need a new MoBO as well as the sata connection things are sort of broke as the little metal rods snapped of, of them so I have no sata things where I can plug my disk drive and power button into. I did the dumb thing of trying to put everything together my self when really i was not familiar of my motherboard as it is different to others as its an older module i think. Want me to take a closer picture ?

Claaken

Reputable
Oct 9, 2014
So I basically did what fit into place thats why some of the cables are probably wrong :/
I didnt know how I would get it put together as I dont know any one who could help me soon as its tough not PC gaming

Claaken

Reputable
Oct 9, 2014
no ive found what i need
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£169.99 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£24.19 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£104.36 @ Scan.co.uk)