Windows 7 desktop wont recognize wireless usb adapter

tlc25rn

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
Hello,
My Windows 7 Desktop won't recognize any wirless USB adapters at all. My windows 7 laptop recognizes what it is, but my desktop just beeps 3 times, instead of the usual sound when you plug a USB device in, and won't recognize it at all - what can i do?

tlc25rn

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
no, i already downloaded the correct win 7 drivers, my computer desktop just won't recognize there is any device plugged in the USB port - the port is fine, all my usb ports work fine - and the wireless adapter card works fine on my win 7 laptop. it's just the desktop that won't recognize the wireless usb card for some reason - and doesn't even give a message of any error. instead of the normal 2-tone beep when you plug a normal usb device in, i get a 3-tone beep - as if something is wrong.

jungle_taco

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
Make sure that the wireless adapter is plugged in, and then open "Windows Update" in Control Panel.
Search for updates, and an important update should now be found with the relevant drivers needed for Windows 7 to recognise that particular adapter. Make sure you keep the adapter plugged in while you are updating.