[SOLVED] Windows 7 dual boot problem.

May 9, 2020
So, I've installed windows 7 on this machine countless times before and it never happened. The problem is, whenever I turn the computer on I get to the Windows Boot Manager screen. It has two Windows 7s on it and I have to choose one within 30 seconds, if I don't it just chooses the default one which is all good. Nothing else wrong, I press ENTER and it loads my Windows perfectly. I just want it to skip the boot manager tab. I have no idea why is there 2 windows 7s there.

So far I have tried msconfig and ticking the No GUI thingy, I have tried deleting the other windows 7 there but it restarts and appears again. I'd appreciate some help.

Solution
So far I have tried msconfig and ticking the No GUI thingy, I have tried deleting the other windows 7 there but it restarts and appears again. I'd appreciate some help.
Don't touch "NO GUI" thingy.
Go to msconfig/boot section and delete unnecessary boot entry. Don't forget to press "apply" or your changes will not get saved.
D

Deleted member 14196

That used to be part of a boot.ini file. I am not sure windows 10 still uses that but that information must be held somewhere

chuda

Commendable
Aug 28, 2017
by no gui thingy, did you mean..
Control Panel\System and Security\System/advanced/settings...uncheck tick box or set to 0

you most likely either choose install win 7 beside, or save old windows and windows created another recovery partition for system when you were installing win 7 last time out.

chuda

Commendable
Aug 28, 2017
Is it ture?
are you asking me ?
well if you are then yes.
OP stated he reinstalled numerous times...
option one... he were choosing upgrade option. and windows either created new recovery partition for same windows or it was created in same recovery partition if it was big enough.... screen shot from diskmanagemnt would show/explain
option two... he choose old windows c: partition, manually formatted and installed windows on partition not drive ....... screen shot from diskmanagemnt would show/explain

if he just wants to disable 30 sec wait every time , then...
Control Panel\System and Security\System/advanced/settings...uncheck tick box or set to 0

May 9, 2020
You are the man, the "NO GUI" thingy was making my screen black till I booted fully hahaha. I just used a different software to remove the other windows 7 and it's fully good now. And to the other guy, I'm pretty sure I didn't have two windowses installed, didn't repair or anything. All good now though.