Windows 7 .exe not launching.

basscatcher89

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Hello,

I was having an issue with installing software onto my pc. I kept getting a side by side configuration error. I was having this among other issues so I just went ahead and reformatted and did a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate. Now even on a fresh install of windows every time I launch a .exe file the spinner wheel shows next to the mouse pointer for a little bit then goes away and nothing happens. And certain programs I know I got a good download on it says that I didnt and will not install the software. Even after downloading from multiple locations. I thought maybe it was my hard drive and something messed up with it so I put a new hard drive in that was clean installed windows 7 and the same issue persists. So its not my hard drive. Was just curious if you guys have seen anything like this and might know a solution.

Thank You

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Do you have random crash errors? like programs suddenly stop working or need to be restarted? I remember I had the same issue and it was my ram causing all of these weird issues and making it so I was no longer able to install a program correctly