Windows 7 extremely slow bootup?

JM75

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
I did a fresh install of Windows 7, I had no problems whatsoever. I haven't installed or downloaded anything except Photoshop and Itunes. I turned on my computer and had to wait 10 - 12 minutes for it to boot up. I tried going into Repair My Computer from start up but it also takes 10 - 15 minutes to load, and then just stays at Finding Problems... and never finds anything. When I boot from Safe Mode it takes 5 - 7 minutes, and I noticed when it was loading files, it usually got took its longest on loading aswVmm.sys and aswRvrt.sys which I understand belong to AVAST! Virus so I removed Avast but still slow boot up! I also did system restore to remove PHotoshop and Itunes! Nothing is working, please help?

Solution
at this stage of the game and from what youve told me i would do a clean install and start again.make sure to delete all partitions and format the drive.you will be given the option to do this once the install has started.
if you said 3 or 4 minutes to boot i would say run msconfig to see which programs were starting with windows and uncheck the ones that dont need to,but 10-15 minutes sounds more like a bad install of windows.you can try msconfig first as it wont hurt but i really think you will end up installing windows again.if it does come to a reinstall select custom or clean install.

JM75

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

I just restarted it and did a time boot, it was 8 minutes and a few seconds to boot up ( This is from Windows logo that's where it get stuck ). I did MSCONFIG and removed everything, should I also remove the services or just the items? I wanted to try to remove services but was worried it might interfere with the start up if I removed things like the audio and what not.

JM75

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Update: I can't even open any of the Hard Drives except my primary ( C ) the other two won't open it just loads and loads and eventually causes lag to my computer. Is there something corrupt in the hard drive that could be causing this?