Windows 7 Factory Reset ?

aciddemon123

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2014
Hello.
I want to know if it's possible to reinstall / factory reset Windows 7 ...without a CD/USD....i've seen a lot of youtube videos about this but...every video , i see the comments and people say it doesn't work...so my question is , is this possible to do ? If so could you tell me how or give me a link with a guide , if possible ?

Thanks.

Solution
To factory reset windows you have to have some sort of medium that either has the ability to reinstall windows or has a "snapshot" of the computer when it was factory new.

If your PC is an OEM (HP, Dell, etc) then you likely have a recovery partition on it. This is a "shapshot" of how the computer was when it was new. Different OEMs have different keys/menus to do this so you will need to look up "(your PC make and model number) factory restore".

If your PC is not OEM then you will need to reinstall widnows with either a CD or USB drive, no way around it unless you have disk image, and if you did you would not be asking.
To factory reset windows you have to have some sort of medium that either has the ability to reinstall windows or has a "snapshot" of the computer when it was factory new.

If your PC is an OEM (HP, Dell, etc) then you likely have a recovery partition on it. This is a "shapshot" of how the computer was when it was new. Different OEMs have different keys/menus to do this so you will need to look up "(your PC make and model number) factory restore".

If your PC is not OEM then you will need to reinstall widnows with either a CD or USB drive, no way around it unless you have disk image, and if you did you would not be asking.

Solution