Question Windows 7 freezes every hour .

Mar 4, 2019
After buying my new SSD :Samsung 860 evo I had freezes every hour, I can move my mouse but everything is frozen and after some time the screen goes black and I have to force shut down it by holding the power button . I have contacted Microsoft for remote session but they couldn't do anything. I have updated my BIOS and installed drivers. Also I have removed all my disks: 2 HHD and 2 SSD but the problem still occurs. What can I do ?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Install CrystalDiskInfo and first see if there is anything obviously wrong with the SSD.
Simply I would try reinstalling windows, and if not RMA the SSD.

If the problem only started occuring after getting the new component, likelihood is its the component being faulty or associated software/drivers, which you say you've already covered.

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
I'm guessing you did a clean install when you installed the 860 evo SSD....did you have any similar issues before hand? Don't know about the clean install or if you cloned the old drive to the new one. Might help if if ran a file system check just to rule out it's a software corruption within Windows. If your running Windows 10

- right click on the Windows logo (start menu)
-Select Windows Power Shell (Admin)
-type sfc (space) scannow